International registration for trademark originated in Vietnam under Madrid Agreement
The Companies and individuals in Vietnam can register their trademark abroad under Madrid Agreement, which is call international registration.
Trademarks serve to identify the origin of a product, assurance of quality and create consumer loyalty. Don't let anyone abuse your trademark rights. If your trademark registers, additional legal requirements, fees, and deadlines must be met to maintain your registration and keep your trademark registered.
The organizations, individuals and companies, who applied for a trademark registration in Vietnam and obtained the Certificate of Trademark registration in Vietnam, are eligible to apply for the international registration of trademark under Madrid Agreement.
International registration for trademark originated in Vietnam
Request for the trademark
Must be the tangible sign with letters, words, pictures, images or the combination of all factors;
Must be able to distinguish with the other trademarks of the same product.
Prerequisites for Registering a Trademark, your trade mark must be unique.You must search the trade marks database before you send your application to check if anyone has already registered an identical or similar trade mark for the same or similar goods or services.
Find details of trade marks to:
- Check if a similar trade mark to your brand already exists
- Find out who owns a trade mark
Submission: the Applicant can submit the application via the Intellectual Property Agency, and then the application will be delivered to the National Office of Intellectual Property in Vietnam.
Action: the National Office of Intellectual Property in Vietnam is responsible to send the international application for National Office (WIPO) within 30 days from the date of receipt of legitimate application.
The application includes:
International application for trademark (it must be in French);
- Application form (form);
- 09 Trademark sample (samples sized 80 x 80 mm, It can include: words , logos, colours, images, a combination of any of these
- Relevant documents (if necessary);
- Power of Attorney (form of Newvision Law Firm).
- Request for the Applicant.
Newvision Law Firm can help you quickly and cost-effectively obtain trademark protection
Our trademark application & registration process:
- Fill out a simple form provided by us.
- Our Trademark specialists will review data collected and prepare trademark application.
- We will file an application with the local Trademark Office. Filing report with particulars will be sent to you electronically.
The registration process takes about 12 months if no-one objects. Registered trade marks last 10 years.
When you register your trade mark, you’ll be able to: